Lisa M. Gehrke, JD, MA
123 North 86th Street Wauwatosa, WI 53226
(414) 774-0874 Ext. 2
Patent Preparation and Prosecution, IP Licensing, IP Management, Patent and Trademark Opinions, Patent and Trademark Searching, Bioethics, Biomedical Research Policy and Regulatory Affairs
Lisa is the founder and President of Gehrke & Associates, S.C. Her practice focuses on patent prosecution, patent and trademark opinions, licensing, intellectual property portfolio development and management, bioethics and business counseling.
- Medical College of Wisconsin, M.A., Bioethics with a specialization in legal and ethical issues relating to biotechnological and biomedical research, research ethics, and the ownership of human biological materials and genetic information, 1999
- Marquette University Law School, J.D., 1990
- Marquette University, B.S., Biology and Psychology, 1987
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Wisconsin Bar
- Virginia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, and U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
Distinctions and Community Involvement
- Guest instructor in the Medical College of Wisconsin’s Bioethics Program and recognized by MCW as an Outstanding Medical Student Teacher - Bioethics (2010-2011)
- Served on the Institutional Review Board of the Blood Center of Wisconsin.
- Former Mentoring/Outreach Director for Wisconsin Women Entrepreneurs - Greater Milwaukee and former President and Board Member of the National Association of Women Business Owners- Greater Milwaukee.
- Former Trustee of the Milwaukee Repertory Theater and former President and Board Member of the Board of Directors of the Friends of the Milwaukee Repertory Theater.